Subscribe to Ticketflap Newsletter
Twenty-Five Minutes Older | Group
Commissioned by Art Basel
FROM MONDAY 20TH MARCH TO TUESDAY 28TH MARCH
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the schedule time.
For Art Basel VIP Cardholders, please refer to your exclusive e-newsletter.
For pre-invited group member, please refer to your group leader.
Hong Kong artist Kingsley Ng’s Twenty-Five Minutes Older will create an altered reality and allow tram passengers to experience Hong Kong in a new way – in reverse. Capturing images of passing street life, the scenes displayed inside the tram will be accompanied by spoken extracts from Liu Yichang’s popular stream-of-consciousness novella 'Tête-bêche.' The project, which is free to the public, will be presented during Art Basel's Hong Kong show.
Twenty-Five Minutes Older is commissioned by Art Basel and supported by MGM Resorts Art & Culture. Special thanks to The Pawn, Hong Kong Tramways and Osage Art Foundation. FAQ available here.
Free to the public, limited seatings available on a first come first serve basis.
- As trams may arrive ahead of schedule, please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
- No latecomer can board the tram as the tram has to depart on schedule to prevent congestion.
- There will be no midway stops. Passengers will get off at the final destination of each route.
- Your journey will be facilitated by tram attendants. Please follow their instructions for a pleasant journey
- Twenty-Five Minutes Older is presented on the upper deck of the tram. Please leave behind bulky items such as trolleys or duffel bags before climbing up the stairs.
- Please keep valuable items with you at all times.
- Passengers are advised not to walk around on the moving vehicle.
- For the enjoyment of others, please refrain from photography, video and audio recording on the upper deck.
- Please do not eat or drink on board and try to keep the tram clean.
- Regretfully, because a camera obscura is a pitch black environment, the ride is not suitable for children under 5. Adult companionship is required for children under 15.
- Regretfully, trams are not outfitted for wheelchair access. The art journey is however a multi-sensorial experience. Passengers with visual, hearing impairment and other special needs are welcome to take a ride.
- Please refer to artbasel.com/25mins in case adverse weather is expected.
- Please understand that your participation is done so at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall assume all risk or injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge the host from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with your participation, whether arising out or the host's negligence or otherwise.
- Please observe the safety rules and regulations of the Hong Kong Tramways at all times.
ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
Amber Rainstorm Warning / Typhoon Signal 1 or 3: The art journey will continue.
Red or Black Rainstorm Warning / Typhoon Signal 8 or above: The art journey will be cancelled.
You already have an order in-progress, would you like to cancel your previous order and continue with this, or return to your previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...