In this hour-long journey devised by Justine A. Chambers, participants traverse a designated route through Hong Kong’s old districts with Justine and visual artist Josh Hite. Punctuated by dance excerpts performed by local students, choreographers and international artists, the journey is designed to blur the relationship between performer and bystander, leading audiences to reflect on urban spaces and everyday acts.
Twenty students from Belilios Public School and Jockey Club Government Secondary School will receive four months of intensive coaching from a local tutor and Chambers; their final work will become part of Choreography Walk. The remainder of Choreography Walk will be devised by Chambers and local choreographers Mao Wei and Tan-ki Wong during a four-month dance exchange.
Join Choreography Walk and discover the linkage between society, dance and space through these interpretations by local students and choreographers.
Participating Artists and Schools:
- Mao Wei
- Wong Tan-ki
- Belilios Public School
- Jockey Club Government Secondary School
Date and Time:
- 22/2 Fri 2:30-4:00pm
- 22/2 Fri 5:00-6:30pm
- 23/2 Sat 11:00-12:30pm
- 23/2 Sat 2:00-3:30pm
- 24/2 Sun 11:00-12:30pm
- 24/2 Sun 2:00-3:30pm
Venue: Central and Western District (including Hollywood Road Park, Po Hing Fong, Peel Street, Prince’s Terrance, Pottinger Street and Central Elevated Walkway)
In Cantonese / English
- Chambers will lead a 30-minutes post-event talk on Choreography Walk
- Participants are advised to wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Participants are requested to walk up and down stairs and slopes. Please consider your health condition before registering.
- Participants will be informed of the tour meeting point via email.
Choreography Walk has been made possible through contributions by the Canada Council for the Arts and the British Columbia Arts Council.
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket verification will start 15 minutes before your registered session commences. Please present your QR code e-ticket to check in (a print-out or an electronic version). Otherwise your reserved seats will be released.
- A confirmed booking for PLUS events is non-transferable and non-refundable unless otherwise indicated.
- Members of the audience are required to present valid proof of identity identical to their ticket name upon admission.
- You are strongly advised to arrive punctually. The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to determine the time latecomers will be admitted. The Hong Kong Arts Festival also reserves the right to refuse admission to latecomers.
- There may be photography and filming at PLUS events. By attending, you consent to being photographed or filmed for use by The Hong Kong Arts Festival.
- Audience must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Should any dispute arise, the decision of The Hong Kong Arts Festival shall be final.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to make changes to the programmes.
- By registering tickets for the programmes, you agree to our terms and conditions above.
For Typhoon and Rainstorm Procedures, please pay attention to the latest news released on the PLUS website: http://www.hk.artsfestivalplus.org/
Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Limited
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...