Taking staircases, footbridges and the world’s longest outdoor escalator as starting points, this hour-long journey echoes the natural and man-made verticality of Hong Kong Island. Traversing between quiet and spacious old districts and loud, dense commercial centres, participants will discover dance movements co-created by Chambers, local artists and students that highlight the incremental transformations of space and atmosphere.
You are invited to join Choreography Walk and discover the linkage between society, dance and space through these interpretations by local students and choreographers.
Concept by: Justine A. Chambers
Created in collaboration with: Josh Hite
Choreography by: Mao Wei, Tan-ki Wong, Justine A. Chambers and Josh Hite
Participating Schools: Belilios Public School and Jockey Club Government Secondary School
Date and Time:
- 22/2 Fri 2:30-4:00pm
- 22/2 Fri 5:00-6:30pm
- 23/2 Sat 11:00-12:30pm
- 23/2 Sat 2:00-3:30pm
- 24/2 Sun 11:00-12:30pm
- 24/2 Sun 2:00-3:30pm
Venue: Central and Western District
In Cantonese / English
- Chambers will lead a 30-minutes post-event talk on Choreography Walk
- Participants are advised to wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Participants are requested to walk up and down stairs and slopes. Please consider your health condition before registering.
- Participants will be informed of the tour meeting point via email.
Choreography Walk has been made possible through contributions by the Canada Council for the Arts and the British Columbia Arts Council.
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket verification will start 15 minutes before your registered session commences. Please present your QR code e-ticket to check in (a print-out or an electronic version). Otherwise your reserved seats will be released.
- A confirmed booking for PLUS events is non-transferable and non-refundable unless otherwise indicated.
- Members of the audience are required to present valid proof of identity identical to their ticket name upon admission.
- You are strongly advised to arrive punctually. The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to determine the time latecomers will be admitted. The Hong Kong Arts Festival also reserves the right to refuse admission to latecomers.
- There may be photography and filming at PLUS events. By attending, you consent to being photographed or filmed for use by The Hong Kong Arts Festival.
- Audience must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Should any dispute arise, the decision of The Hong Kong Arts Festival shall be final.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to make changes to the programmes.
- By registering tickets for the programmes, you agree to our terms and conditions above.
For Typhoon and Rainstorm Procedures, please pay attention to the latest news released on the PLUS website: http://www.hk.artsfestivalplus.org/
Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Limited
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...