ArtisTree1/F Cambridge House, Taikoo Place, 979 King's Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
ArtisTree鰂魚涌太古坊英皇道 979 號康橋大廈 1 樓, 香港
New ArtisTree opening season programme: ContempoLion
A new multi-dimensional dance project presented by Daniel Yeung and artists
The new ArtisTree’s month-long opening season programme will feature four productions developed by homegrown and international artists, alongside workshops hosted by professional artists. From 9 to 26 June 2017, all performances and workshops will offer free admission. Pre-registration is required.
9 – 10 June: ContempoLion – A new multi-dimensional dance project reflects a modern interpretation of Cantonese culture presented by Daniel Yeung and artists.
Hong Kong choreographer Daniel Yeung is specially commissioned by Swire Properties to create an original contemporary dance and multi-media work. ‘ContempoLion’ reinterprets Hong Kong’s long-standing Lion Dance tradition, invoking a wide array of artistic forms, including contemporary dance, lion dance techniques, aerial arts, as well as live video projection and electronic music arrangements.
ArtisTree, 1/F Cambridge House, Taikoo Place, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(MTR Quarry Bay Station Exit A or car drop-off at G/F Devon House, Taikoo Place)
Please review our Personal Information Collection Statement.
Terms & Conditions
- Kindly arrive at ArtisTree reception 15 minutes before the show starts, and present the entry QR code below to check in. (You may print it out or show it via your mobile device.) Otherwise your reserved seats will be released.
- Members of the audience are required to present valid proof of identity identical to their ticket name upon admission.
- The performance runs approximately 70 minutes without intermission.
- For everyone aged six or above.
- Strobe lighting effects will be used during this performance.
- Audience must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Should any dispute arise, the decision of Swire Properties shall be final.
- Programme is subject to change without prior notice.
- By registering tickets for the new ArtisTree opening season programmes, you agree to our terms and conditions above.
The new ArtisTree at Cambridge House in Taikoo Place is fitted with professional equipment, from sound systems and lighting, well-suited for varied stage and seating arrangements. It’s a 7,000-sq-ft dynamic space that’s ready-equipped to host any intimate production. From music to dance, theatre to exhibitions, it can accommodate a wide cultural spectrum, introducing the Hong Kong public to a diverse range of world-class and unique arts programmes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
17 – 18 June: La Traviata – A new approach to appreciating Opera
Produced by More Than Musical, a new non-profit opera company based in Hong Kong, La Traviata invites audiences to experience a 90-minute adaptation of the Italian opera classic. The plot has been condensed, highlighting the drama and power of the core story through famous duets, arias and ensemble scenes. The tragic story will be told using contemporary visual language, including projected imagery and lighting.
24 – 25 June: Animatorium and Folk – Presented in Asia for the first time
The internationally-acclaimed National Dance Company Wales will premiere for the first time in Asia two recent works, Animatorium and Folk, both of which were developed by Artistic Director Caroline Finn. Inspired by 17th and 18th century European oil paintings, ‘Folk’ presents a mix of surreal and familiar scenes which portray a fantastical interpretation of life, characters and communities of the past, as depicted in old artworks. ‘Animatorium’ is a comic piece with dark undertones, with a central character that animates and manipulates a troupe of dancers.
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...