Subscribe to Ticketflap Newsletter
Naeba Ski ResortYuzawa-cho, Niigata Pref. Japan, Japan
FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL’18
Held for the first time in the summer of 1997 amidst the sprawling nature at the foot of Mount Fuji with “symbiosis of nature and music” as its theme, Fuji Rock Festival is one of the largest outdoor music festivals in Japan.
However, the first year was hit by a large typhoon forcing the cancellation of the second day. Rather then a “symbiosis”, the organizers and festival goers both yielded to the fury of nature and the inaugural year of the festival proved to be full of challenges. After being held in Tokyo at Toyosu in 1998, the festival made its move back to the ideal of a location surrounded by nature -its current home- Naeba Ski Resort in Niigata prefecture.
Having learned valuable lessons the first year, and through years of trial and error, Fuji Rock evolved, along with the passionate participants who were always ready to help make the festival a success, to become the first ever authentic rock festival in Japan. Through this process, the festival is not only more prepared for inclement weather, but has developed to include many other attractions, food stands and NGO booths. The festival has built a relationship of trust with the area surrounding the festival, growing to become an renowned summer tradition.
2016 saw the festival reach its 20th anniversary but along with the stability came some carelessness, made apparent by the increasing number of troubling incidents and amount of garbage within the festival.
Fuji Rock is often heralded by international media as the “cleanest festival in the world”. That has been the catch phrase for this festival, built alongside its participants and was the remarkable result of the effort of each and every one of you, the festival goer.
2018 will be the 20th year the festival has been held in Naeba, and we ask that all participants resolve to help reclaim this hard-won accolade.
“Do It Yourself”, “Help Each Other”, “Respect Nature”.
These three canons of the festival will not change but we ask that all participants assist in making the special weekend even more so! Fuji Rock is built by the efforts of both the organizers and attendees.
Everybody has their own way of enjoying the festival, and each of us should be able to fully enjoy the experience. With this in mind, we would ask that all participants strive to share the comfortable environment that is Fuji Rock, considering the surroundings and others around them.
Ticket Rules & Regulations
- General Admission ticket valid for 1 person’s entry to the festival.
- Tickets must be purchased through official ticket outlets. Tickets purchased via outlets not listed on the official website are not valid.
- Tickets purchased via invalid outlets are not guaranteed by the festival in any way and may not be honored.
- Admission free for children under the age of 15. Must be accompanied by an adult.
- Shuttle bus service departing from the JR Echigo-Yuzawa Station to the festival is ¥500 per person. Return trip is free of charge.
- Each Camp Site Ticket valid for 1 person’s use of camp site during the festival period.
- Tent or other camping equipment NOT included in camp site ticket price. Please provide yourself.
- Please be sure to take your tent and or any camping equipment you bring back with you upon leaving the festival.
- Parking tickets and Moon Caravan Tickets are not available for purchase.
Notes about ticket purchase
- You may not change or cancel once you have placed your application.
- Tickets will be exchanged with wrist bands at the Festival site. You cannot enter the site without the exchange.
- After exchanging your ticket, the wristband will be the proof of your ticket purchase. Please look after it with care during the Festival period.
- Tickets and wristbands will NOT be reissued under any circumstanstances. Please also note that those who lose their ticket and or wristband at the festival will be asked to leave the site or repurchase a ticket.
- Ticket sales will finish once tickets are sold out. This applies to all ticket types.
- Please be sure to read the rules and regulations before purchasing tickets
- Fuji Rock Festival’18 official website：http://fujirock-eng.com
Fuji Rock Festival Rules & Regulations
♦ These rules and regulations are subject to change without notice. Please note that ticket refunds will not be made for such rule changes regardless of how prior notification is made or lack thereof.
♦ The festival will not be cancelled due to inclement weather (excluding natural disasters). Please note that ticket refunds will not be made due to artist cancellation.
♦ Please be sure to sort all garbage into the appropriate bins. Please also take any leisure sheets, chairs, tents, etc., with you when departing the festival area.
♦ Leaving chairs or sheeting, etc. unattended is prohibited in the festival. Unattended items will be deemed abandoned and removed and disposed of immediately. Be sure to carry all of your belongings at all times. Also, use of overly large leisure sheets to occupy large areas is prohibited.
♦ Tenting, parasols and other items which may block the view of other festival goers are not permitted within the festival.
♦ Please avoid excess drinking. Those deemed to be drinking excessively or out of control may be ejected from the festival site.
♦ Any dangerous behavior that may harm other people, such as moshing and diving, is prohibited. The festival is not responsible for injuries and accidents due to such acts. Such incidents shall to be solved between the parties involved.
♦ Use of umbrellas is prohibited on the festival site. Please carry and use foul weather gear during inclement weather.
♦ Persons found to have entered the festival illegally will be reported to the police and will be put under the care of local police officials. The person will also be charged for compensation.
♦ Please refrain from any behavior that can cause annoyance to local residents. Please do not travel to the festival by car without prior purchase of a car park pass.
♦ Due to local regulations, people under 18 years must return to their accommodation by 11pm.
♦ The final train departing Echigo-Yuzawa Station leaves before the festival performance finishes. All public transportation is unavailable after the last performances on all days of the festival.
♦ Be sure to acquire transportation and/or lodging yourself before coming to the festival. (Sleeping outdoors at, around, or near the festival or Echigo-Yuzawa Station is strictly prohibited. Also, those who have not acquired a parking pass in advance are prohibited from parking at the festival.) Please also note that parking passes and lodging packages available at the on-site festival tour center are limited.
♦ Animals, glass bottles, cans, fireworks, explosives and any illegal substances are not allowed into the festival site.
♦ The production, the site and the artists are not responsible for accidents and thefts in and out of the festival site.
♦ Those who cause any disturbances or do not follow instructions of staff will be ejected from the festival site. Tickets will not be refunded in this case.
♦ You may bring cameras and/or video cameras into the site but it is strictly prohibited to record the artists. No sound recording equipment is allowed on the site. The use of selfie sticks are not permitted in congested areas, in front of the stages, and while moving between areas.
♦ Agreement to the festival rules and restrictions is needed to purchase tickets. Please be sure to read and confirm all rules and regulations listed on the official website before purchasing tickets. Please note that purchase of festival tickets shall be deemed as agreement to all rules and regulations of the festival.
Please be sure to review all cautions and restrictions before purchasing tickets to the festival.
You already have an order in-progress, would you like to cancel your previous order and continue with this, or return to your previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...