Treasure Island Camp SitePui O Beach, Pui O,, Lantau Island, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Treasure Island Camp Site香港大嶼山貝澳沙灘, 香港
Imagine Peace, now in it's 4th year, has grown from a small committed group of friends into large extended family that has doubled in size each generation. The Imagine Peace community is committed to building peace locally while having an impact globally. After raising $24,000 HKD for peace initiatives last year (50% went to Seeds of Peace, www.seedsofpeace.com), Imagine Peace has it's sights set high this year with a goal to raise over $60,000 HKD for peace initiatives. While fundraising stretches our overall impact, we feel that the act of co-creating Imagine Peace as a home-grown local culture focused event is an act of peace in action. Inspired co-creation.
This year the charity focus will go to Nepal Relief efforts. Imagine Peace will be funding educational materials and medical supplies directly to a community in Kathmandu to which 100% of the funds being used for direct funding of supplies.
SCI Hong Kong (Service Civil International) Will also be partnering with Imagine Peace to focus on peace education events in Hong Kong.
A volunteer powered event, live musicians, yoga teachers, creative arts teachers, healing practitioners, and educators, create a buffet of fun activities over the course of the two days near Pui O beach.
Nestled between buffalo fields and 50 steps from the beach attendees are never far from basic amenities, yet get to an experience an escape from the city. Overnight camping is recommended to fully enjoy this two day event.
Live Music will have a world dance music feel, featuring international musicians from Japan, the Philippines, and Uganda.
A Kid's corner will have a dedicated space for big kids and little kids alike to expresss their creativity through arts and crafts.
Yoga classes will provide a range of opportunities including; kids yoga, vinyasa flow, acroyoga, kundalini yoga and kirtan.
Healers will have their own space to host workshops and perform individual sessions for attendees.
Commitment to Sustainable Peace: ZERO WASTE means BYOC (Bring your own cup) BYOP (Bring your own Plate) . . . okay - just come prepared to bring your own cups,plates, bowls, and cutlery in a big ziplock, because we will not be providing any single use plastics.
Expect vegetarian food.
For more details and link to featured artist bio's and information - please see our website: www.imaginepeace.today
Getting to the event:
DIRECTIONS FROM KOWLOON
1) Take the MTR via the Tung Chung (Orange Line) to Tung Chung Station –> Take Exit B –> Walk straight towards bus station.
2) Take the 3M Bus (NLB) towards Mui Wo (ride for approx 20 mins)
3) Get off at “Bui O Public School” –> Turn off of South Lantau Road onto “Chi Ma Wan Road” towards Pui O Beach
4) Look for the event on your left!
DIRECTIONS FROM HONG KONG ISLAND
1) Go to Central Ferry Pier #6 – Mui Wo
2) Take Ferry to Mui Wo (click here for schedule)
3) Take Bus #1 towards Tai O (approx 10 mins) OR any bus leaving Mui Wo will pass through Pui O.
4) Get off at “Bui O Public School” –> Turn off of South Lantau Road onto “Chi Ma Wan Road” towards Pui O Beach.
5) Look for the event on your left!
TAXI’s for South Lantau are light Blue –> Tell driver to go to “Pui O Beach”
South Lantau Taxi Telephone Number –> 2984-1328
From TUNG CHUNG taxis cost approx $90-100 HKD
From MUI WO taxis cost approx $40 HKD
CAMPING OVERNIGHT is recommended:
VIP Tent space $150+$50 deposit (Limited 30 spots)
Public Camping Tent Space FREE
Tent Rental from Treasure Island - $200 +$150 deposit
- ZERO WASTE: This event is promoting zero waste culture.
- This is a Family Friendly event in a small village neighborhood - please be friendly and respectful of local authorities & inhabitants.
- FILTERED WATER IS FREE at the event - sponsored by Life Solutions (http://lifesolutions.com.hk)
- Restrooms are located outside the event at the Gov. Public Bathroom facilities of Pui O Beach (As well as a washing station.)
- No outside food or drink are allowed within the venue.
- Zero tolerance of illegal drugs or contraband.
- All attendees must have a wristband. If you are a band-member, please register your name with our directors - email@example.com.
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...