AST916, Au Shue Hung BuildingAST916, Au Shue Hung Building, Ho Sin Hang Campus, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
香港浸會大學善衡校園區樹洪樓AST916室香港浸會大學, 善衡校園區樹洪樓, AST916室, 香港
Keyboards of Beethoven’s Time Lecture Demonstration ( Host: Jos van Immerseel)
Presented by Hong Kong Arts Festival PLUS
While Beethoven’s music has been preserved through manuscripts, instruments has evolved tremendously in the past 250 years. Keyboard instrument has evolved from harpsichord to fortepiano during Beethoven’s lifetime, both instruments are the predecessor of the modern piano. Has this keyboard evolution affects the interpretation of Beethoven’s music?
Changes of instrument’s structure, materials and mechanism affect the performer’s interpretation and audience appreciation. Historically informed performance is a way to trace back to the authentic sound of Beethoven, and to reproduce the different touch and tonal quality of the period-instrument. This brings a music experience more in line with the composer’s original idea.
This lecture-demonstration will be conducted by renowned keyboard expert Jos van Immerseel to demonstrate Beethoven’s music on harpsichord and fortepiano, highlighting Beethoven’s skilful adaptation when he composed on different keyboard instruments. A modern piano will also be used as a comparison during the recital.
How much had been “lost in translation” in this keyboard evolution? Come join us and discover the authentic Beethoven.
Free admission, Registration required
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket verification will start 15 minutes before your registered session commences. Please present your QR code e-ticket to check in (a print-out or an electronic version). Otherwise your reserved seats will be released.
- A confirmed booking for PLUS events is non-transferable and non-refundable unless otherwise indicated.
- Members of the audience are required to present valid proof of identity identical to their ticket name upon admission.
- You are strongly advised to arrive punctually. The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to determine the time latecomers will be admitted. The Hong Kong Arts Festival also reserves the right to refuse admission to latecomers.
- There may be photography and filming at PLUS events. By attending, you consent to being photographed or filmed for use by The Hong Kong Arts Festival.
- Audience must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Should any dispute arise, the decision of The Hong Kong Arts Festival shall be final.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to make changes to the programmes.
- By registering tickets for the programmes, you agree to our terms and conditions above.
For Typhoon and Rainstorm Procedures, please pay attention to the latest news released on the PLUS website: http://www.hk.artsfestivalplus.org/
The Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Limited reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes. Should there be such changes, the Society will update the revevant information on its website so far as practicable.
Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Limited
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...