ArtisTree1/F Cambridge House, Taikoo Place, 979 King's Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
ArtisTree鰂魚涌太古坊英皇道 979 號康橋大廈 1 樓, 香港
Freespace at Taikoo Place - ON VIEW: HONG KONG (Live Performance)
Freespace @ Taikoo Place
Commissioned and produced by West Kowloon, ON VIEW: HONG KONG is a new dance project exploring notions of portraiture, identity and the moving body through the media of screendance. Opening on 21 September 2017 with the premiere of 10 online videos, the project includes an installation exhibition from 1 to 3 November and live performances on 2 and 3 November, held as part of Freespace at Taikoo Place.
ON VIEW: HONG KONG was conceived in 2015 during New Works Forum: Screendance, a collaborative programme organised by West Kowloon and City Contemporary Dance Company that brought together Australian choreographer and dance filmmaker Sue Healey, Hong Kong dance film cinematographer Maurice Lai and other screendance artists for workshops and exchange with directors, filmmakers and dance artists from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. The following year, inspired by Healey’s award-winning work ON VIEW: Live Portraits, West Kowloon engaged Sue Healey to collaborate with Maurice Lai and ten prominent Hong Kong dance artists for the production of ON VIEW: HONG KONG.
Exploring what it means “to see” and “to be seen” – elements that are central to Healey’s work – ON VIEW: HONG KONG challenges the way performers and spectators view a dancer’s presence, gaze, gestures, movement, force and rhythm, and looks at how a dancer presents both tangible and intangible qualities, and at what happens when the complexities of real world movement and observations are compressed by the camera. The resulting works redefine the context and cultural interpretation of the concepts ‘Portrait’, ‘Identity’ and ‘The Moving Body’.
ON VIEW: HONG KONG provokes creators and audiences with fresh perspectives of ‘dance’ and ‘moving image’, promotes the development of screendance, and offers the public a unique opportunity to discover Hong Kong dancers of different ages, backgrounds and levels of expertise.
Terms & Conditions
- Audience will explore the stage in dim lighting before being seated. Thin heels are not allowed on stage, please be advised to wear flats and bring mere belongings to the performance.
- Kindly arrive at ArtisTree 15 minutes before the show starts, and present the entry QR code to check in. (You may print it out or show it via your mobile device.)
- Each ticket holder is required to present a valid proof of identity (including concessionary, special fare and promotional tickets) that is identical to the name on the ticket upon admission.
- Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission to any late-comers to the event. The organiser also reserves the right to determine the time at which and the manner in which late-comers are to be admitted.
- One person per ticket regardless of age, subject to age limit specified for each event.
- Concessionary ticket holders, including but not limited to concessionary tickets for senior citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities and full-time students, will be admitted only on production of acceptable proof of identity.
- For everyone aged six or above. Ticket holder may be refused admission by the venue management for non-compliance. Customers should check the age restriction before purchase.
- Tickets sold are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Free seating for this performance.
- The performance runs approximately 60 minutes without intermission.
- The performance may be cancelled if a typhoon signal no. 8 is in force or due to adverse weather conditions. Please refer to the official website on performance day.
- Audience must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- The organiser/presenter of the event reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, seating arrangements and audience capacity. Programme is subject to change without prior notice.
- All rights reserved by Swire Properties Ltd and West Kowloon Cultural District Authority.
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...