Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Concert Hall10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
香港文化中心音樂廳香港九龍尖沙咀梳士巴利道十號香港文化中心, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, 香港
Open Rehearsal: Marin Alsop, São Paulo Symphony Orchestra and local student orchestras
As part of the 47th Hong Kong Arts Festival PLUS programme, world-renowned conductor Marin Alsop, together with Latin America’s leading São Paulo Symphony Orchestra, will share the stage with two local award-winning student orchestras from Diocesan Boys' School and Diocesan Girls’ School, to support the development of young musical talent.
The open rehearsal will consist of two parts: in the first, Alsop will conduct and share with each student orchestra her rich experiences in the world of music. In the second, Alsop – a protégée of the late American composer Leonard Bernstein – will be joined by musicians from the São Paulo Symphony Orchestra to practice and perform Bernstein’s Candide Overture alongside the student orchestras onstage.
The open rehearsal will not only provide audiences the opportunity to enjoy the raw charisma of orchestral music, but also pass the flame of knowledge from Bernstein to Alsop, the São Paulo Symphony Orchestra and, finally, to Hong Kong’s bright young musicians.
Date: 20 Feb 2019 (Wed)
Venue: Concert Hall, HK Cultural Centre
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket verification will start 15 minutes before your registered session commences. Please present your QR code e-ticket to check in (a print-out or an electronic version). Otherwise your reserved seats will be released.
- A confirmed booking for PLUS events is non-transferable and non-refundable unless otherwise indicated.
- Members of the audience are required to present valid proof of identity identical to their ticket name upon admission.
- You are strongly advised to arrive punctually. The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to determine the time latecomers will be admitted. The Hong Kong Arts Festival also reserves the right to refuse admission to latecomers.
- There may be photography and filming at PLUS events. By attending, you consent to being photographed or filmed for use by The Hong Kong Arts Festival.
- Audience must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Should any dispute arise, the decision of The Hong Kong Arts Festival shall be final.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to make changes to the programmes.
- By registering tickets for the programmes, you agree to our terms and conditions above.
For Typhoon and Rainstorm Procedures, please pay attention to the latest news released on the PLUS website: http://www.hk.artsfestivalplus.org/
Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Limited
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...