N2 Cattle Depot Artist Village63 Ma Tau Kok Road, Ma Tau Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
牛棚藝術村 N2九龍, 馬頭角, 馬頭角道63號, 香港
Pippo Delbono's Theatre Workshop - Topic: love
HKAF@Cattle Depot Creative Hub
Pippo Delbono's Theatre Workshop - Topic: Love
The workshop will be conducted by Pippo Delbono and his actor/assistant Pepe Robledo. The workshop will involve physical training and improvisation on movement.
HK$200 for two-day workshop
20-21 March 2019; 2:00 - 7:00pm
* Participants are advised to wear comfortable outfits.
Pippo Delbono’s biography:
Author, actor, and director, was born in Varazze in 1959. He begins training in traditional theatre, then, in Denmark, he studies the principles of oriental theatre, through a rigorous work on body and voice. Later, in Germany, he's invited by Pina Bausch to follow her work. At the beginning of the 80's he founds the Compagnia Pippo Delbono, creating most of his works with them, from Il Tempo degli Assassini (1987) to La Gioia*(2018). He does not stage plays but, rather, total creations, devised with a stable group of actors whose number has grown through the years. The encounter with socially marginalized people determines a turning point in his poetical research: that's how Barboni (1997) was born. Some of these actors – among them Bobò, deaf-mute, who had been kept in an asylum in Aversa, near Naples, for forty-five years – have kept working with the company and are still a central part of this experience.
Pippo Delbono has also been investigating the language of film for many years now. In 2003, following a tour in Israel and Palestine, he shoots Guerra, presented at the Venice International Film Festival and winner of a David Di Donatello as best documentary.
His second film, Grido (2006), has been shown at the Rome International Film Festival and won the Prize for the best interpretation of Bobò and Delbono at “Festa di cinema del reale 2016” in Lecce (Italy).
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket verification will start 15 minutes before your registered session commences. Please present your QR code e-ticket to check in (a print-out or an electronic version). Otherwise your reserved seats will be released.
- A confirmed booking for PLUS events is non-transferable and non-refundable unless otherwise indicated.
- Members of the audience are required to present valid proof of identity identical to their ticket name upon admission.
- You are strongly advised to arrive punctually. The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to determine the time latecomers will be admitted. The Hong Kong Arts Festival also reserves the right to refuse admission to latecomers.
- There may be photography and filming at PLUS events. By attending, you consent to being photographed or filmed for use by The Hong Kong Arts Festival.
- Audience must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Should any dispute arise, the decision of The Hong Kong Arts Festival shall be final.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to make changes to the programmes.
- By registering tickets for the programmes, you agree to our terms and conditions above.
For Typhoon and Rainstorm Procedures, please pay attention to the latest news released on the PLUS website: http://www.hk.artsfestivalplus.org/
Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Limited
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...