Hong Kong Science Park2 Science Park West Avenue, Hong Kong
Sónar 2019 Workshops
1. Workshops are only available for Sónar Hong Kong 2019 ticket holders. To purchase Sónar Hong Kong 2019 tickets, please visit: www.ticketflap.com/sonarhk2019
2. A workshop ticket alone does not grant access to the Sónar festival.
3. Workshops may charge a material fee, payment to be made upon registration.
4. Workshops are open to participants aged 18 or above.
5. Workshops will be conducted in English.
6. Each workshop has a limited capacity quota and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
7. Online ticket sales will end at 12noon, 13 April. If there are vacancies after the deadline, the place will be allocated to the interested person who have registered on-site on a first come first served basis.
8. Participants should arrive 10 minutes before the commencement of the workshop.
9. If a participant is late for 5 minutes or more, his/her place will be allocated on a first-come-first served basis to another person who registered on-site. No refund is available.
10.Should any dispute arise, the decision of Sónar Hong Kong shall be final.
Create with technology! Register now for Sónar workshops
Giving everyone the opportunity to get up close and personal with creative technology, Sónar’s workshop programme is a must for anyone who wants to make sparks – and sounds – fly. From making and coding a digital VU meter or assembling your own 8-bit pocket synthesizer to creating a self-aware network, Sónar workshops not only offer the chance to create your own technology, but you can take the finished product home too!
All Sónar workshops require separate registration and payment. Capacity is strictly limited and places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Workshops are open only to Sónar Hong Kong 2019 ticket holders. A workshop ticket alone does not grant you access to the Sónar festival. No prior knowledge required.
Workshop #1: SAN — Self Aware Network by Felix Klee (DE)
Create a self-aware network with SAN
Take part in SAN, an intriguing experiment about the future of architecture, by building a network that is not only self-aware but which can interact with its environment to create soundscapes. Connect nodes to make an electronic ‘brain’, then use it to form a modular synthesizer controlled by spatial positioning.
Max number of participants: 10
Time: 15:45 – 17:45
Duration: 2 hrs
Workshop #2: Hands-on Arduino introduction making and coding a digital VU meter by Tom Tobback (HK)
Make and code a digital VU meter with Arduino
Get hands onwith Arduino, the world’s favourite electronic prototyping platform, by building a simple VU meter. You’ll connect wires on a breadboard while developing code on a laptop, then learn about digital and analog input and output using LEDs, a microphone and a potentiometer
Max number of participants: 12 per session
Time: 1.00pm – 3.00pm & 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Duration: 2 hrs
Fee (including Arduino board): HK$350
Workshop #3: 8-bit mixtape pocket synthesizer & Soundtable by WSK (PH)
Build your own 8-bit mixtape pocket synthesizer
A special collaboration between WSK: Festival of the Recently Possible and Sónar Hong Kong, the Soundtable Workshop takes you on a quickfire journey through 100 years of music theory before giving you the chance to assemble your own special-edition WSK 8-bit mixtape pocket synthesizer – then put it into action in a noise orchestra group performance.
Max number of participants: 15 per session
Time: 12.30pm – 3.30pm & 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Duration: 3 hrs
Sónar Hong Kong
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...