Tsang Chan Sik Yue Auditorium, Hong Kong Baptist UniversityLevel 2, Academic and Administration Building, Baptist University Rd, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
香港浸會大學曾陳式如會堂九龍塘浸會大學道, 校園教學及行政大樓二樓, 香港浸會大學曾陳式如會堂, 香港
Touching the Void: Screening and Post-Screening Talk
PLUS Movie Speicals - Touching the Void: Screening and post-screening talk
Directed by Kevin MacDonald and adapted from the best-selling book by Joe Simpson, Touching the Void is a critically acclaimed docudrama that re-enacts the chilling tale of a near-fatal climb on a dangerous Andean mountain. Climber Simon Yates faces an appalling dilemma when disaster strikes: his injured climbing partner’s life dangles from a rope below him, but they will both fall into the void beneath them if he does not cut the line.
Although the film adaptation shares the name and story of the play featured at the 2019 Festival, a completely different narrative and visual experience emerges from each of these two media. Discover the raw depiction of courage and survival from a filmmaker’s angle in this gripping motion picture that won Best British Film at the 2004 BAFTA Awards.
After the screening, Mr Sammy Chun, Mountain Search and Rescue Officer of the Civil Aid Services will share some thrilling experiences in mountain rescue and climbing.
Free admission. Registration required.
Director: Kevin MacDonald
In English with Chinese subtitles
Speaker: Mr Sammy Chun
- Civil Aid Services Mountain Search and Rescue Officer
- Founder and Training Director of Hong Kong Rope Union
- Reached the Summit of the highest peak in Africa, Mountain Kilimanjaro (5895m)
- International recognition certificates in industrial rope access, tree climbing, rope course, rock climbing and canyoneering
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket verification will start 15 minutes before your registered session commences. Please present your QR code e-ticket to check in (a print-out or an electronic version). Otherwise your reserved seats will be released.
- A confirmed booking for PLUS events is non-transferable and non-refundable unless otherwise indicated.
- Members of the audience are required to present valid proof of identity identical to their ticket name upon admission.
- You are strongly advised to arrive punctually. The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to determine the time latecomers will be admitted. The Hong Kong Arts Festival also reserves the right to refuse admission to latecomers.
- There may be photography and filming at PLUS events. By attending, you consent to being photographed or filmed for use by The Hong Kong Arts Festival.
- Audience must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Should any dispute arise, the decision of The Hong Kong Arts Festival shall be final.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to make changes to the programmes.
- By registering tickets for the programmes, you agree to our terms and conditions above.
For Typhoon and Rainstorm Procedures, please pay attention to the latest news released on the PLUS website: http://www.hk.artsfestivalplus.org/
Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Limited
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...