N2 Cattle Depot Artist Village63 Ma Tau Kok Road, Ma Tau Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
牛棚藝術村 N2九龍, 馬頭角, 馬頭角道63號, 香港
Making of a Virtual Reality Theatre
HKAF@Cattle Depot Creative Hub
How do you make a theatre production using VR? This 90 minute lecture will take you on a journey across 3 continents, underwater into a coral reef, and into a rehearsal room. Taking Frogman as an example, the lecture picks apart the challenges of making theatre using VR and points towards the potential future of VR in theatre.
Jack Lowe’s biography:
Jack Lowe is CEO/Artistic Director of curious directive, a Norwich-based theatre company exploring life through the lens of science. In 2018, curious directive gained the prestigious status of an Arts Council England National Portfolio Theatre Company, with support until 2022 to create and tour innovative new theatre from Norwich touring nationally. In 2018, curious directive has toured the UK extensively with its theatre/VR hybrid FROGMAN to London for 3 weeks, 8 venues across the South-East as well as a 6-week international tour to China, Australia and Indonesia. FROGMAN was part of Melbourne International Arts Festival, formed a major part of Brisbane International Film Festival and headlined the British Council/Indonesia arts festival in Jakarta.
Jack was a recent recipient of a UEA Enterprise ‘Grow It’ Fund with which he is currently launching a new affordable creative co-working space, The Nave in the centre of Norwich at St Simon and St Jude church. Further theatre includes Your Last Breath (Fringe First Winner/UK/International Tour) Pioneer (Fringe First Winner/UK tour) and The Kindness of Strangers (UK tour). As stewards of theatre innovation, we were the first theatre company to use the ‘Periscope’ app for live streaming (2014), the first ‘Resident Theatre Company’ at a UK Science Festival (Cambridge, 2015) and have created VR cuing software for live theatre (2017). Critically acclaimed, with 15 prestigious arts-science nominations and awards, we’ve been published six times with Bloomsbury/Methuen. We regularly partner with Sheffield Theatres, Theatre Royal Plymouth and Shoreditch Town Hall with previous and commissions from LIFT and NNF. We regularly work with world-leading science institutes (Wellcome Trust and CRUK).
For more information on HKAF@Cattle Depot Creative Hub projects and events, please visit PLUS website
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket verification will start 15 minutes before your registered session commences. Please present your QR code e-ticket to check in (a print-out or an electronic version). Otherwise your reserved seats will be released.
- A confirmed booking for PLUS events is non-transferable and non-refundable unless otherwise indicated.
- Members of the audience are required to present valid proof of identity identical to their ticket name upon admission.
- You are strongly advised to arrive punctually. The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to determine the time latecomers will be admitted. The Hong Kong Arts Festival also reserves the right to refuse admission to latecomers.
- There may be photography and filming at PLUS events. By attending, you consent to being photographed or filmed for use by The Hong Kong Arts Festival.
- Audience must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Should any dispute arise, the decision of The Hong Kong Arts Festival shall be final.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to make changes to the programmes.
- By registering tickets for the programmes, you agree to our terms and conditions above.
For Typhoon and Rainstorm Procedures, please pay attention to the latest news released on the PLUS website: http://www.hk.artsfestivalplus.org/
Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Limited
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...