HKICC Lee Shau Kee School of Creativity Multi-media TheatreNo.135, Junction Road, Kowloon, Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
香港兆基創意書院多媒體劇場九龍聯合道 135 號多媒體劇場, 香港
Young Composer Showcase
Young Friends of the Hong Kong Arts Festival
Since December 2020, the Young Friends of Hong Kong Arts Festival has organized a Young Composer Workshop and invited renowned Hong Kong composers, Dr Phoebus Lee and Dr Austin Yip, to teach local secondary school students music theory and compositional techniques. Nine students were openly recruited, and they were required to compose an ensemble piece within the workshop period. Each composition is entitled to one of the given five cultural themes, i.e. South American, Czech, Russian, Chinese, and Hong Kong. While the first three are featured in the 49th Hong Kong Arts Festival programmes, the latter is closely bound with the student's personal experience.
In this showcase, there will be nine compositions to be premiered. We have invited conductor Vivan Ip and five other professional musicians to deliver different cultures' unique tunes. The musicians include Kitty Cheung (Violin), Cecilia Chan (Cello), Brian Chan (Flute), Linus Fung (Clarinet) and Raymond Vong (Percussion).
The event is free for admission. We welcome you all to enjoy the music by our local young creatives.
Special notes in response to COVID-19
- To comply with the reduced capacity and social distancing regulations of the performance venue, special seating arrangements are in place.
- Audiences are advised to arrive punctually and will need to go through temperature checks upon entering the venue. Audiences showing a temperature of 37.5oC or above will not be admitted.
- All audiences are required to wear their own masks and maintain appropriate social distance in the venue.
- The performance venue may adjust the admission rules and/or seating capacity/arrangement etc., as necessary for the prevention of disease. Ticket holders may thus be denied admission. Please note the latest announcement for the event on the Young Friends Facebook page.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will announce any changes following the latest official pandemic recommendations; including the release of additional seats for seats for sale to the public should social distancing rules be relaxed prior to the performance.
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket verification will start 15 minutes before your registered session commences. Please present your QR code e-ticket to check in (a print-out or an electronic version). Otherwise your reserved seats will be released.
- A confirmed booking for the event is non-transferable and non-refundable unless otherwise indicated.
- Members of the audience are required to present valid proof of identity identical to their ticket name upon admission.
- You are strongly advised to arrive punctually. The Young Friends of the Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to determine the time latecomers will be admitted. The organisation also reserves the right to refuse admission to latecomers.
- There may be photography and filming at the event. By attending, you consent to be photographed or filmed for use by The Hong Kong Arts Festival.
- Audience must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Should any dispute arise, the decision of the organisation shall be final.
- By registering tickets for the programmes, you agree to our terms and conditions above.
- For Typhoon and Rainstorm Procedures, or any other special arrangement, please pay attention to the latest news released on the Young Friends Facebook.
- The Hong Kong Arts Festival reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes.
Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Limited
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...